National Park visited so far-
1) Crater Lake National Park– Located in southern Oregon. Famous of deep blue water. This park is called as The Old Man of the Lake. Attempted Snow shoe Hiking in December 2012 which was an indelible experience. Crater Lake Album
2) Death Valley National Park– Located in California which is famous for race tracks. Located Great Basin and Mojave deserts this park is known for record summer heat. Death Valley Album
3) Grand Canyon National Park– Located in Arizona and I’d say one should visit this park and try to attempt Rim to Rim hike. This park is famous for its spectacular view of the formation of rocks, overwhelming size, multicolored rock walls, steep valley’s and amazing scenery. Grand Canyon Album
4) Rocky Mountain National Park– Locates near Denver, Colorado. One of the biggest park and one should attempt to hike the diamonds peaks. Few of the gorgeous lakes are Nymph lake, Dream Lake, and Emerald lake. Rocky Mountain Album
5) Black Canyon of the Guinisson– Locates in West Colorado. We did a day hike down to the Guinisson river. 2,000 foot tall canyon walls dropping almost vertically to the Gunnison River where you can see the rock climbers. Black Canyon Album
6) Great Sand Dunes– Locates in San Luis Valley, Colorado. Best part of this park is Sand Dunes and Snow peaks at the same location. This park contains longest sand dunes in North America. Sand Dunes Album
7) Great Smoky Mountains National Park– Located in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Really cool downtown to try moon shine . The Alum Cave Trail is a beautiful hiking trail which ascend towards Mt. LeConte. Clingmans Dome is third highest mountain east of the Mississippi. Smoky Mt. Album
8) Mount Rainer National Park– Highest peak which is located at Seattle . I just took a drive to this park. Need to hike this sometime soon.
9) Yellowstone National Park– Locate on the border of Wyoming, Montana this park famous for volcanic eruption, geysers, and hot springs. Park boundaries enclose craggy peaks, alpine lakes, deep canyons. Yellow Stone Album
10) Hot Springs National Park– Locate in Arkansas, about 300 mile north west of Dallas, this part is famous for hot spring water and bath house.
11) Arches National Park- Exclusive for hiking at Big O Arch and Delicate Arch. Amazing landscapes, beautfull rocks and famous for delicate and landscape arch.
12) Canyon Land National Park- Beautiful canyons, horse shoe view and get more info from the movie 127 hours
13) Virgin Island National Park- Located at St. John U.S. Virgin Islands which is famous for beautiful white sand beaches, snorkelling and scuba. Few are the beaches like trunk bay, cinnamon bay, maho bay, hawksnest are breath taking. There are ferries from Charlotte Amalie and Red Hook throughout the day to Cruz bay, St. John. After leaving the ferry just keep travelling in your car throughout the park to see an amazing view of this island.
14) Acadia National Park– Visit Maine during fall foliage. This is located at Maine’s Mt. Desert Island, Atlantic coast. Best time to visit is October if you want to see the beautiful fall colors along the ocean. Visit Cadillac Mountain and please forget to carry your windproof jacket ; )
15) Bryce Canyon National Park– Amazing glowing hoodoos and best 3 mile hike at Navajo and Queen’s garden loop.
16) Olympic National Park- I have blurry memories of this park because of heavy rain and fog when I visited it 😉
Other ‘popular’ State Park and Canyon’s visited-
1) Antelope Canyon located near Page, Arizona is one of most beautiful canyons located in South West which is famous for sightseers. Antelope Canyon Album
2) Glen Canyon /Horse Shoe Bend– Horse shoe bend is a horse-shoe shaped bend located 5 miles away from Glen Canyon Dam within Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. The horse shoe hike is located outside the city Page. It overlooks one of the great view of Colorado River. Horse Shoe Bend Album
3) Lake Ouachita State Park near Hot Springs, Arkansas- Surrounded by the Ouachita National Forest this park is famous for natural beauty. Lake Ouachita is a water sports mecca for swimming, scuba diving, boating, and fishing.
4) Devil’s Den State Park, Arkansas- This park is located in Lee Creek Valley of the Ozark Mountains. Good time to visit this park is in Spring and is ideal for hiking, backpacking, horseback riding, and mountain biking. Few good trails are Devil’s Den Trail, Vista Point Trail. Devil’s Den Album
5) Mount Washington State Park, New Hampshire- The summit is the highest peak in the North East and you should visit the park in October via Kancamagus Highway to see falls colors. The park is accessible by road, Mount Washington Cog Railway, Appalachian Trail and hiking few trails. Mt. Washington Album
6) Degray lake State Park, Arkansas
7) White River State Park, Indiana
Blogger: Akhil Jain